Sep 24 Deadline for Application/////////////////////Deadline EXTENDED to SEP 28////////////////
Oct 1 Notification of Acceptance / Artist Contracts
Oct 21 – 22 Artwork Delivery Dates
Oct 26 Show Opening, 5-8 pm
Jan 11, 2013 Show Closing
Jan 12-13 Artists pick up unsold artworks
To apply for the show or to be informed of our opportunties for artists, please visit the Application Page
Rules For Submission-
Each Artist is allowed to submit a total of four (4) images with completed online application, along with a $35 NONREFUNDABLE jury fee. Fees may be paid online through the application process or mailed to Salado Wine Seller, 8451 FM 2484, Salado, TX 76571. Please note that mailed payments must be postmarked by the Application Deadline, or the entry will not be eligible for entry into the show.
APPLY ONLine NOW (we encourage you to apply early as we typically pick one of the images to be featured on the invitations and those need to be printed much earlier than the submission deadline!)
Images should be of the actual work that is proposed to be shown and sold. All work must be available for sale. Images should be of work that is no more than 2 years old, and available to remain on display for the duration of the show.
Images not submitted online may be submitted by mail on CDROM in jpeg format or a printed picture. CD’s should be appropriately labeled with artist name, medium, and artwork dimensions. An information sheet should accompany images and contain the following information for each image: Name of artist, Title, Medium, Dimensions, Price. CD’s and information sheets may be mailed to: Salado Wine Seller, 8451 FM 2484, Salado, TX 76571
General Criteria for Artworks
All Artwork must be original, limited edition and signed by the artist when appropriate. All works must be archival quality.
All 2 dimensional work must be appropriately presented for gallery display and include hardware sufficient to support the work when hung. All 3 Dimensional work should be accompanied by appropriate display and protective material such as pedestals, or locking display cases (jewelery sized items.)
Work shipped to the show should be appropriately packaged with a reusable container for return shipping, and should include return postage PLUS $20 repacking / handling fee if (unsold) artwork is to be returned by mail.
Upon successful completion of the Application process, including payment of applicable fees, and upon notification of acceptance and subsequent applicant notification of intent to participate in the show “Uncorked”, produced by Salado Wine Seller, the Applicant (from here forward referred to as “ the Artist”) and Salado Wine Seller & Salado Winery, (from here forward referred to as “the Gallery”) agree to the following:
1. Agency; Purposes. The Artist appoints the Gallery as agent for the work of art consigned under this Agreement, for the purposes of exhibition and sale. The Gallery shall not permit the Artworks to be used for any other purposes without the written consent of the Artist.
2. Consignment. The Artist hereby consigns to the Gallery, and the Gallery accepts on consignment, the Artwork listed on an Inventory Record which is a part of this Agreement. Inventory sheets must be signed by the Artist and by the Gallery, and must be attached to a printed copy of this agreement.
3. Warranty. The Artist hereby warrants that he/she created and possesses unencumbered title to the Artworks, and that their descriptions are true and accurate.
4. Duration of Consignment. The Artist and the Gallery agree that the initial term of consignment for the Artworks is to be from Artist Delivery (during business hours between October 21and October 22) to “Uncorked” Closing date January 11; and that the Artist does not intend to request their return before the end of this term. Thereafter, consignment shall end and the Artist take back any unsold Artworks.
5. Transportation Responsibilities. Packing and shipping charges, insurance costs, other handling expenses, and risk of loss or damage incurred in the delivery of Artworks from the Artist to the Gallery shall be the responsibility of the Artist, and in their return to the Artist, shall be the responsibility of the Artist.
6. Indemnification. The Artist agrees to the indemnify and hold harmless, Salado Wine Seller, Salado Winery, any affiliated organizations and their officers, directors, members, employees, agents, volunteers and representatives from any liability, claims, damage, loss, or expense (including attorney’s fees, court costs, and consequential damages) relating in any way to the event or caused by the use of Salado Wine Seller facility for this art exhibit. A printed copy of this agreement will serve as a release of liability form for the “Uncorked” art exhibit and must be signed as a part of this contract.
7. Force Majeure Conditions : The Artist agrees that Salado Wine Seller, Salado Winery, and affiliated organizations and their officers, directors, members, employees, agents, volunteers and representatives shall not be liable for losses, damages (including attorney’s fees, court costs, and consequential damages), detention, delay of failure to perform in whole or in part resulting from causes beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of God, acts of omission, fires, weather conditions, power failures, strikes, riots, embargoes, delays in transportation, inability to obtain supplies or requirements, or regulations of the United States Government or any other civil or military authority (to include any local legislation regarding liquor license requirements). Delays or non-performance excused by this provision shall not excuse payment of any amount due hereunder owed at the time of the occurrence.
8. Fiduciary Responsibilities. Title to each of the Artworks remains in the Artist until the Artist has been paid the full amount owing him or her for the Artworks; title then passes directly to the purchaser. All proceeds from the sale of the Artworks shall be held in trust for the Artist. The Gallery shall pay all amounts due the Artist before any proceeds of sales can be made available to creditors of the Gallery.
9. Removal from Gallery. The Gallery shall not lend out, remove from the premises, or sell on approval any of the Artworks, without first obtaining written permission from the Artist.
10. Pricing; Gallery’s Commission; Terms of Payment. The Gallery shall sell the Artworks only at the Retail Price specified on the Inventory Sheet. The Gallery and the Artist agree that the Gallery’s commission is to be 20 percent of the listed Retail Price of the Artwork. Any change in the Retail Price, or in the Gallery’s commission, must be agreed to in advance by the Artist and the Gallery. Payment to the Artist shall be made by the Gallery within 30 days after the date of sale of any of the Artworks.
11. Promotion. The Gallery shall use its best efforts to promote the sale of the Artworks. The Gallery agrees to undertake other promotional activities on the Artist’s behalf, as follows:
“Uncorked” Show at Salado Wine Seller, October 26, 2012 – January 11, 2012
12. Reproduction. The Artist reserves all rights to the reproduction of the Artworks, but here allows the Gallery to use application photos or to arrange to have the Artworks photographed to publicize and promote the Artworks and/or events in which the Artist and Gallery are participating. In every instance of such use, the Artist shall be acknowledged as the creator and copyright owner of the Artwork.
13. Procedures for Modification. Amendments to this Agreement must be signed by both Artist and Gallery and attached to this Agreement. Both parties must initial any deletions made on this form and any additional provisions written onto it.
14. Miscellany. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between the Artist and the Gallery. If any part of this Agreement is held to be illegal, void, or unenforceable for any reason, such holding shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other part. A waiver of any breach of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of other breaches of the same provision or other provisions hereof. This Agreement shall not be assigned, nor shall it inure to the benefit of the successors of the Gallery, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of the Artist.